Hey there, and Welcome to my world of Krazy! If you are visiting to check out my art journal pages, please let me know you've been here. If you've stumbled upon me by accident, you are welcome anyway! And if you are here to read about the ups and downs of my Krazy life, feel free to comment as well, there is safety in numbers and it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Friday 28 September 2012

Another day, another grey


Mr. Krazy has been gone for 3 days now.  I want to smack him.  Lol, no, not really.  He's working hard so we can have roof over our heads, and food on the table.  The fact that he's up at a beautiful cottage on a gorgeous lake doing said work is only a little irritating.  Middle Krazy was full of anxiety last night, high emotions, frustration and tears.  Her moods can change on a dime, and it takes very little to upset or annoy her.  Heck, we can't even chew our food with out her stomping out of the room.  We have started CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) with her, but she is pretty resistant to try out the techniques at home.  We are trying very hard to curb the negative self-talk, but it remains an uphill battle.   Yesterday, her frustration was over a torn piece of paper... yes a torn piece of paper.  She tries so hard to do everything right the first time, that the slightest deviation is devastating at times.  In this case it was an origami lotus flower, I feat which I found amazing in and of itself.  Middle Krazy tends to internalize everything, so I am sure, the rip in the paper was only the catylyst and not the underlying problem.  Getting her to think about what the real problem is, that is the challenge.  Last night she said to me, "Mumma, sometimes I feel so sad, and I don't know why."  That breaks my heart, and gives me hope all at the same time.  Just the fact that her little soul feels sadness is gut wrenching, but the fact that she is verbalizing it to me is a huge step in our communication.  What's a mom to do?  A long hug, and a simple explanation that it's okay to feel sad sometimes, and that I'm always there to talk seemed to help.  I heard somewhere once that "A mother is only as happy as her least happy child".  Truer words never spoken.

Cheers,
H.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by to visit. I enjoy hearing from you!